Thursday, January 24, 2008

"I zidn't zee ze inzedent!" - Monsieur Wenger

Taken from associated press and Al Jazeera;

BBC: "So your own players are having an altercation on the pitch whilst play was stopped"
Wenger insisted: "I did not know anything about it. I didn't see it."
BBC: "But there was a melee on the pitch involving several players and the referee"
Wenger: "I did not know anything about it. I didn't see it."
BBC: "But we have camera shots of you shouting in the direction of the players during the altercation and have had these analysed by lip readers. It is clear that you shout..
"Please my boys, I need you to stop as it will look like the teams doing a Keagan"
Wenger: "I did not know anything about it. I didn't see it."

Arsene Wenger in typical form there. Unfortunately for him, the whole world saw what he didn't.

Are Arsenal the worst losers in sport?

Fans have grown used to Wenger whimpering in defeat like a spoiled child who’s had his lollipop snatched, but after last night’s 5-1 thrashing by Tottenham Hotspur in the Carling Cup he hit a new nadir for incredible childish excuses.

Asked whether the trophy was a priority, he retorted: “Not at all frankly.” Considering he had fielded the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Emmanuel Adebayor, William Gallas and Gilberto, it was about as believable as his suggestion that (and excuse us if you’ve heard this one before) he didn’t see Adebayor head-butting Nicklas Bendtner, that the scoreline was unfair on his team and that all Tottenham did was hit his side on the break. Magnanimous it was not.

Is that even a question? Ask Wenger about it and he'll probably say he didn't see what you're talking about.

No comments: